Saturday, November 15, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane.....



That's right I am off to Savannah, Georgia on Monday to teach a class at Minette Rushing's. I'm very excited to meet all my students and to make one of my favorite cakes from our new book, the Safari Gift Box Cake. Last time I was in Savannah I was on Paula Deen's Show and I had to carry a huge sculpted disco ball and decorated sugar cookies, so I am happy to say that I am traveling a lot lighter this time. I have been so busy that I didn't even have time to write a blog entry but yep, our newest book, Confetti Cakes for Kids, came out last week on November 5th.

We have had a lot of events going on besides our usual cake orders so it was especially busy. We had one press event last Tuesday at Dylan's Candy Bar. We were lucky enough to have Rachel from the awesome blog Cupcakestakesthecake attend and she took lots of great photos.

Thursday I was talking with Mario Bosquez the host of Living Today on Martha Stewart Radio about baking secrets. I even brought him some of our cupcakes made with Brown Sugar Buttercream swirls on top...yum!

Then Martha Stewart Television is working on a special that will air on the Style Network December 16th so they came to visit us in the bakery. I've been lucky enough to be interviewed by many blogs recently so just in case I haven't had a chance to mention them before here are a few:
Cupcaketakethecake.com
Alistbaby.net
Cakelava.com

And of course I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the cakes we had this week too. We created a bottle of Champagne made out of chocolate cake and vanilla buttercream, standing on a silver platter, with grapes and a napkin all made out of sugar. Today we had a cake go out to celebrate a 70th birthday, how exciting! I wonder what I will be doing at 70? Probably still baking!

Coming up:
Tomorrow, Nov.16th we have a recipe in PARADE
Cake Classes, Dec. 4th (sold out) and Dec. 6th
Book Signing in CT, Dec. 7th

7 comments:

Deidra said...

Hi I love you work. Can you tell me where you purchased the takehome boxes for the cupcakes with you company's name on them? By the way I can 't wait to take a class from you oneday.

Elisa said...

So sorry for the delay...here is the great site for the cupcake boxes:

http://mygiftboxcompany.com/

Thanks,
Elisa :-)

Deidra said...

Thanks you are awesome! How was your class. I hope to take a class from you soon. Do you plan to be in the Alabama/Georgia/Flordia area any time soon.

şeker pasta said...

Perfect....

zarpandit said...

ı want u booksssss :)

ı love it!

Ordanburdanhayattan said...

it is really hard to believe this an cake:))

Harpist said...

Wow! Elisa---I LOVE that bottle of wine! You're my cake hero.