Monday, June 2, 2008

Go ahead brag about yourself...



In my family we have many funny sayings, or as my husband will tell you, at least they are funny to the entire Strauss clan. So, whenever we mention something great that has happened to one of us a common reply from the peanut gallery is, "Go ahead brag about yourself" this keeps us all firmly planted on this earth. I love the fact that my family is so supportive and at the same time lets me know exactly where I stand...right beside them. And let me add that this saying has never stopped one of us from letting everyone know our good news...so here is a list of some great stuff that has happened to Confetti Cakes recently...and thanks I will go ahead and brag about ourselves!

1) Our YouTube Video has over 600,000 hits and a five star rating!
2) We were one of the featured videos and #11 most subscribed, #1 most subscribed this month, 18 most viewed on YouTube, thank you You Tube!
3) A nice feature on four NY Cake Decorators was in GOTHAM magazine's June/July issue, and we were one of them!
4) I was picked as one of Pastry Art & Design's, Ten Best Pasty Chefs in America for 2008, event on June 9th.
5) Our YouTube video has been embedded in a bunch of other great websites:
imcooked.com
abcnews.com
i-am-bored.com
6) iVillage.com posted some of our fun birthday cakes for some inspiring ideas in Dream Cakes and Be a Baker.
7) Last but not least our first cookbook has gone into its fourth printing!

O.k. back to making cakes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the all the fantastic news! Keep it up and brag all you want. :) Lisa

Daniel Saravia said...

We love Confetti Cakes!

Anonymous said...

hi, i saw you on imcooked.com - i watch imcooked all the time, and your video blew me away. upload more videos to there. you're great!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! THat is AWESOME and you deserve every bit.

Moira said...

I bragged about you today on my blog Dog Art Today. Your Joey cake is brilliant! Let me know if you do any more pups. Check out my site here...

http://dreamdogsart.typepad.com/art/2008/06/joey-the-3d-labradoodle-cake.html

Theresa said...

LOVE the puppy cake!!! I just found you tonight while looking for ideas to make a dog cake for my daughter's 6th birthday next month. She watched the video and said, "Mom I wish you could make that for MY birthday", I said honey I'm sure that's a professional making that cake!

After further searches on Confetti Cakes I found you here and read your Bio - you are one talented lady! I've added you to my Bloglines and I look forward to reading and seeing your work.

P.S. I sent the link to my husband in KC to watch. Wait until I tell him in the morning who "the women" really is in the video! LOL! :)