Wednesday, June 25, 2008

YouTube take II


We had so much success with our first YouTube video that we thought it would be a good idea to put up my compilation reel. This reel takes little snips from some past television experiences and rolls it all into one. Watch it here.

We also posted one of our recent television segments from April on Youtube. The show is a creation of Gourmet Magazine and aired on PBS. The show (which is a James Beard Award winner) is called, "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie," and the segment focuses on Trompe L'oeil: The Art of Culinary Deception. It shows me making our Sushi cake. Both videos were edited by my amazingly talented friend and film artist, Lisa Stock. Another woman made a YouTube video about our cakes too, we didn't even know but that was so nice, watch here.


The last two weeks have been really busy, a ton of great cakes, and six classes…not to mention installing my bathroom soap dish in the wall…I’m talking cement, grout and silicone…plumbing is just another art form. Here are some other cakes we've done that tried to "trick the eye."

10 comments:

Cakespy said...

Awesome reel!! So fun to see this roundup. :-)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Can't wait to watch the video! Your cakes are so amazing and inspire me all the time!

etoile said...

* * * * *
This one is very creative!

C.L. said...

video was great...what a life!

tch said...

So beautiful! I just bought 'Confetti Cakes' and plan to make the shoe/shoebox cake for a fashion party in a few weeks. Thanks!

Hilda said...

Hi, Elisa.

You don't know me, but I visit your blog every now and then and I think you and your team create such fantastic cakes. Bandung Daily Photo just gave me an Arte y Pico blog award for My Manila, and I'm giving it to you too. I have the announcement on the second half of my Flash flood post. I hope you accept it—it's all in good fun.

=)

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Elisa
I simply admired you creation and it gives me more inspiration to do better and better in sugarcraft. Thanks for sharing your posts and greetings to you from Botswana !

Snooky doodle said...

wow your cakes are awesome. you re a real artist in cakes. :-)

C.L. said...

Elisa,

I have tagged you. If you have time to participate that would be AWESOME!

Take care :)

Carrie

mjshdiif said...

ro's decision (here) dismissing its application for an injunction against Yves Saint Laurent for trade mark infringement of its red-soled shoes. Readers may recall that the judge went into lengthy and Christian Louboutin uksomewhat overly-zealous reasoning as to why protection of a single-color in the fashion industry -- in this instance the color red on the sole of high-end women's footwear ("the Red Sole Mark") -- wa

s. "They were black suede, with red lettering in Chinese script, ankle length, with a stiletto heel. I asked her who had designed them, and she said they were made by a young, French shoemaker called Christian Louboutin."This spurred Malkovich to check out Louboutin's store on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Paris, a curious pastime he continues to this day. Christian Louboutin Pointed toe pumps"I've always loved to … take the time to

d up at the bash.Boy have they adjusted well to life on the celebrity circuit. Amelia Lily nattered to shoe designer CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN.Advertisement And Little Mix were over the moon when designer HENRY HOLLAND said he wanted to dress them head to toe in his brand. Asked who she'd love to duet with Misha B said: "Michael Jackson, but he's dead so Jennifer Hudson." Good choice.ELSEWHERE at the Ra

st prototype through to production in the factory. Looking beyond design and production the exhibition will also explore the company's innovative store design – how fab!It will also highlight some of theChristian Louboutin Mary Jane Pumps very interesting collaborations that Louboutin has participated in over the years. Like his project with avant-garde film director David Lynch of Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive, who also works a