Wednesday, June 25, 2008

YouTube take II


We had so much success with our first YouTube video that we thought it would be a good idea to put up my compilation reel. This reel takes little snips from some past television experiences and rolls it all into one. Watch it here.

We also posted one of our recent television segments from April on Youtube. The show is a creation of Gourmet Magazine and aired on PBS. The show (which is a James Beard Award winner) is called, "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie," and the segment focuses on Trompe L'oeil: The Art of Culinary Deception. It shows me making our Sushi cake. Both videos were edited by my amazingly talented friend and film artist, Lisa Stock. Another woman made a YouTube video about our cakes too, we didn't even know but that was so nice, watch here.


The last two weeks have been really busy, a ton of great cakes, and six classes…not to mention installing my bathroom soap dish in the wall…I’m talking cement, grout and silicone…plumbing is just another art form. Here are some other cakes we've done that tried to "trick the eye."

9 comments:

Cakespy said...

Awesome reel!! So fun to see this roundup. :-)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Can't wait to watch the video! Your cakes are so amazing and inspire me all the time!

etoile said...

* * * * *
This one is very creative!

Carrie said...

video was great...what a life!

Bitten Sweets said...

So beautiful! I just bought 'Confetti Cakes' and plan to make the shoe/shoebox cake for a fashion party in a few weeks. Thanks!

Hilda said...

Hi, Elisa.

You don't know me, but I visit your blog every now and then and I think you and your team create such fantastic cakes. Bandung Daily Photo just gave me an Arte y Pico blog award for My Manila, and I'm giving it to you too. I have the announcement on the second half of my Flash flood post. I hope you accept it—it's all in good fun.

=)

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Elisa
I simply admired you creation and it gives me more inspiration to do better and better in sugarcraft. Thanks for sharing your posts and greetings to you from Botswana !

Snooky doodle said...

wow your cakes are awesome. you re a real artist in cakes. :-)

Carrie said...

Elisa,

I have tagged you. If you have time to participate that would be AWESOME!

Take care :)

Carrie