Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gourmet's "Dairy of a Foodie"


I want to tell you all about a television appearance coming up this Sunday, April 6th at 4pm on PBS (Channel Thirteen for New Yorkers). I will be on the show "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie," the segment focuses on Trompe L'oeil: The Art of Culinary Deception. I will be showing viewers how we make our "sushi" cake. What I love about this television show is that it is edited by the actual magazine editors at Gourmet Magazine so it is really foodie-centric! (Yes, I just made up that word but hopefully you get it!) The show also talks about my style of cake: realism. I just love to make cakes look like real objects. One of my favorite blogs, Cakespy talks about this too. Not only is it a great blog with really interesting interviews and travel logs but Jessie also sells beautiful artwork, I am fortunate enough to own a few of her cake pins and a cupcake painting! Check it out!

4 comments:

Cakespy said...

What a perfect segment for your work--the most delicious sort of Trompe L'oeil! So much more fun than a painting of a curtain or something. Congratulations on your new blog!!

Carrie said...

very cool, I will be watching:) you are right about Cakespy. I love that blog! Can't wait to see the show :)

sachiko said...

Hello,how do you do? I saw the TV show, so creative and wonderful!!! I'm interested in sugar cakes but I've never eat like these cakes. I will try these cakes as I see your recipe book.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

Hi Elisa! I have been following your work for a while now since you first started competing in the Food Network cake challenges. I am so glad to see that you started a blog and now we have a little bit more access to your work. Beautiful. I did watch Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie and loved it. You are such an inspiration!