Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anemone Flower

Photo by Jordan Pique

Since the Food Network challenge aired this past weekend I have had many requests for how we make our Anemone Flowers. A large version of this flower was on the dress in the first episode (which will re-air this Weds. at 7pm and again on Sunday) and was featured in my last blog entry.

A wedding cake with small anemone flowers. You can vary the size.

We actually did an entire spread in Pastry and Baking magazine in the first issue of this year. We have been honored enough to be selected to do six separate spreads for this magazine and the Anemone flower is one of them. You can visit the entire magazine online if you don't have your very own copy. Here I give you small versions of the photo layout with the instructions. Good Luck!

11 comments:

Jennywenny said...

Congratulations on a stunning cake! I'll have to have a try as they looked absolutely lovely!

Rafael Logrono said...

I love your work and your books! This flower is beautiful. Are you working on your third book yet? If so, I hope it would be dedicated to cakes, especially wedding cakes so you can include this in it!!

-Rafael

EmmyJMommy said...

My daughter is wanting to stay up to watch the Challenge this coming Sunday night...She is 8 and LOVED the dress cake! Good luck! We are pulling for you in Alabama!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god.... That is just so lovely..... Im speakless :-) Wonderfull flowers

Michelle said...

You're amazing Elisa! We love checking out all your new creations. Your flowers are just lovely.

All our love from Sydney,
Michelle and Ben

Unknown said...

Hi,

I love this! I was looking to make this now for the black stamens,can you tell me if you used a ordinary black stamen or a pointed one and where do you get this in NY?

Thanks!

Sue said...

Hey, GREAT JOB with the "Revenge of the Sock Monkey" cake on the Extreme Cake Challenge! Congrats on winning! I thought the first sock monkey should have won:)

Kathryn @ Pink Frosting said...

Just gorgeous. Loving this completely!

Mis's Creative Cakes said...

I'm one of ur followers! really like your creations dear. your flower is looked beautiful, I'll to try to make this flowers.

I already buy ur book.

Allina said...

Beautiful lovely heart wrenching spring flowers. Bring smile on the face of your loved one with flowers from Fleur De Lis!

Amazing Flower said...

nice cake. never saw a big flowers like that on cake, cos usually they're small and in a narrow position.